About Krystal School
At Krystal Elementary School, our mission is, through a joint effort with families and community, to create a safe and positive environment that promotes a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for learning. We will provide high standards of learning through a challenging and technologically-enhanced curriculum that builds leaders and successful citizens for the 21st century, who will be able to meet the challenges of a global society.
“Working together to prepare future leaders for a global society.”
- To treat students with dignity
- To be dedicated to student learning
- To make sure that students know that we are here because of them
- To communicate with parents regularly
- To value the time parents invest in their child’s education
- To work with parents as a team, helping their child reach his/her highest potential
- To value what co-workers do for students
- To be part of the situation, not part of the problem
- To be on the same team and with the same mission as co-workers
- To support the school and school district
- To be a role model
- To view community members as valuable resources
- To develop partnerships with the community
General School Information
Krystal, located at 17160 Krystal Drive, is a Kindergarten through sixth grade Choice School, providing standards-based instruction with a specialized focus in the areas of Science, Math, and Technology.
- Attendance Information
- Did you know?
- According to California Ed code, a tardy or absence for more than any 30-minute period during the school day without a valid excuse on three occasions in one school year is a truant, and shall be reported to the attendance supervisor or the superintendent of the school district. This includes early sign-outs as well.
- For attendance questions, you may email our attendance specialist: Alicia.Gutierrez@hesperiausd.org
- For parent volunteer questions, you may email our school secretary: Dana.Snyder@hesperiausd.org
- Inclement Weather Info
- In the event of a school closure due to inclement weather or bus delays because of adverse weather or road conditions, these local radio stations: KATJ (100.7 FM), KIX 106 (106.5 FM), KZWY Y102 (102.3 FM), KWRN (Radio Mexico-1550 AM), or AM TALK 960 (960 AM) will announce any school closures beginning at 6:00am.
If you are interested in the free/reduced meal program, you can obtain an application from the Nutritional Services Department at 11176 G Avenue. Call the Nutrition Services office at 760-948-1051, or come by their office between 7:30am and 3:00pm. They will mail the applications if necessary.
If you are interested in being a PARENT VOLUNTEER for the current school year, come by and pick up a form. When you turn it in, you will need to provide a copy of your driver’s license as well. Once completed, we will turn the form in to the District.
- Office Hours
- 8:30am – 4:00pm
- 1st – 6th Grade
- 9:10am – 3:27pm
- 9:10am – 2:31pm
- 9:10am – 12:46pm
- 9:10am – 11:49am
- *Optional extended day times available