RED Fridays in January
What is RED FRIDAY?
On Fridays, civilians back home wear an article of red clothing — a shirt, a tie, anything — as a reminder to all to Remember Everyone Deployed. These Fridays became known as RED Friday.
How is Krystal School participating in RED Friday?
1 - K-Kids, a service club at Krystal, will be collecting items to donate to Operation Gratitude who send care packages to Deployed Troops
2 - PTC will be collecting monetary donations to give to Operation Gratitude
- Throughout the month of January, bring items to donate into the office
- On Fridays in January, students have the option to wear RED in exchange for a $1 donation.
What are some ways I can show my RED?
There are so many ways to show your RED! Your favorite red clothes, red shoes or shoelaces, a red hat or scarf, even red accessories (scarves, jewelry, etc)!
- All purpose wipes (single and 30ct or less packs)
- Deodorant (travel size, non-aerosol)
- Drink mix (single serving packets) Puzzle books (7’’x10’’ preferred size) Sewing Kits (travel sized) Socks (black crew length) Sunscreen (travel size, non-aerosol) Gum
- Batteries (AA or AAA)
- Hand warmers
- Jerky (individual bags)
- Lip balm
- Playing cards
- Powder (travel size)
- Handmade items that could be donated: Cool ties, knit or crocheted hats and scarves, paracord survival bracelets